Furthermore, the UAE administration has implemented policies that facilitate the growth of firms. Given Dubai’s state-of-the-art infrastructure and development, it requires cutting-edge maintenance practices to ensure the longevity of its existing infrastructure. Only firms possessing a valid building maintenance license in the UAE may offer these services to their clients.
Obtaining a building maintenance license in the UAE is a worthwhile investment since regular maintenance is crucial to the upkeep of any building or other structure. As a result, partnerships between businesses and communities for building maintenance services have tremendous potential.
Continue reading if you are interested in learning how to start a maintenance firm in Dubai and obtaining a building maintenance license in the United Arab Emirates.
Why Do You Need a Building Maintenance License?
The term “building maintenance” refers to a wide range of services that help keep structures like hotels, malls, office buildings, housing complexes, and real estate functioning smoothly and effectively.
Having a license for building maintenance opens up several doors. You can perform routine maintenance and fix problems to keep the buildings in good working order. Those who work in this industry make the decisions regarding which compositions and pieces of equipment require updating.
Getting a Dubai Building Maintenance License Has Many Benefits
The accessibility of a global clientele is an apparent incentive for setting up business in Dubai’s thriving building maintenance sector, but it’s not the only reason.
In addition, the United Arab Emirates offers an alluring 0% tax rate on corporate and individual income. There are numerous advantages of establishing a business in a free zone in Dubai. Both capital and profits can be repatriated freely, and there is no customs tax to worry about.
A Dubai general maintenance license offers many benefits, including:
- Because of the boom in the real estate sector, building maintenance has remained a thriving business.
- It is organized and regulated by the municipality.
- Labor law is of the highest standard, and employees are protected to the fullest extent.
- The company setup is inexpensive.
- Provision for increased worker visa quotas and employee visas.
- Within minutes, you can access major regional commercial and financial hubs.
- The streamlined registration process, including government assistance and top-tier support services.
Various Types of Building Maintenance Services
With a building management license in Dubai, you can offer services designed to meet clients’ needs. A building maintenance license allows you to perform the following services:
- Performing reactive and preventive maintenance
- The renovation and modification of buildings
- Work-related to plumbing and repairs
- Maintenance and repair of air conditioners
- The exterior and interior paintwork
- Repairs and installations of electrical equipment
- Carpentry work of all types
- All types of handyman services
- Garden maintenance and beautification
- Decorations made from gypsum in offices, shops, and hospitals
- Flooring and tiles like vinyl, wood, carpet, gulper, and altar floors
- Removing and varnishing waxed wood floors
- All types of wallpaper decoration
- The installation of curtain rails
- Setting up appliances in the home
- Wall decoration with frames and pictures
- Installation and fitting of lights
- Fittings for bathrooms as well as blinds
- Changing and installing locks
- Change of locks and wire switches
- The wiring of an electrical system
- Kitchen and bathroom silicone resealing
- Installing shelves as well as fixing a leaking faucet
- Assembling furniture and replacing bulbs
Steps to Get Your Building Maintenance License in UAE
You should first acquaint yourself with the regional marketplace before beginning the application process for your license. Even though the UAE’s business climate is friendly and has few entry requirements, it’s not the same as that of other countries.
To obtain your building maintenance license in UAE, you need to follow these simple & straightforward steps.
1. Choose Your Company Name
Choosing a company name is one of the initial steps, although it is less of a big deal in some regions of the world. In the United Arab Emirates, strict regulations exist for the naming of businesses.
Your company’s name must correspond to UAE naming standards to avoid legal trouble. However, there is nothing to worry about as they are all simple and mostly common sense. As a general rule, you should avoid using blasphemous or derogatory terms or the names of any prominent organizations.
2. Decide Your Business Structure
The competition in this sector is fierce, and you’ll need to plan your next business move wisely. After deciding on a company name, the next step is establishing the organization’s formal structure.
You can form a business in Dubai as a solo proprietor, an LLC, a limited partnership, or another business form. After that, you will need to select a location to launch your operations. Either the mainland or one of the free zones is suitable for this. Evaluate your choices and make a decision.
3. Get the Necessary Approvals from the Municipality
You need to get the appropriate permits from the UAE Municipality, the governing body for all building maintenance, contracting, and engineering activities. You must have a qualified manager designated as the company’s primary contact with the UAE municipality.
4. Apply for Building Maintenance License
Obtaining a license for the business depends on where you want to set up your building maintenance company. For Mainland Company Formation in Dubai, you must issue the license directly from the Dubai Department of Economic Development (DED).
To establish a building maintenance firm, you must obtain a business license in the area where you plan to operate. Dubai’s Department of Economic Development (DED) is responsible for issuing the license for Mainland Company Formation.
5. Apply for Visa
Entrepreneurs who wish to make Dubai their home and start a business must apply for a residency visa. You will be required to undergo a physical fitness test, blood test, and chest x-ray as part of this procedure. In addition to yourself, you can sponsor the visas of other people, such as your spouse, children, parents, and household staff.
6. Make Sure You’re Insured
You must carry insurance to prove your financial responsibility for any property damage or loss you may cause to a customer while doing maintenance services. Clients must be assured they will be compensated for the repairs; thus, states mandate liability insurance.
ExpressPRO Can Help You Obtain Your Building Maintenance License
ExpressPRO is the leading business consulting company in UAE, providing services for the formation of any type of business, including those related to building maintenance. Get your Dubai building maintenance license with the help of our experts. We’ll take care of the paperwork and ensure it is properly formatted.
If you need help at any stage of the company formation process, from choosing a company name to applying for licenses and visas, our seasoned team is here to help. Contact us, and we’ll handle everything else.