The prevailing business environment in Dubai reflects the appealing prospects of the beauty salon industry, as evidenced by the abundant number of operational establishments throughout the city. However, with the constant influx of expats and tourists keen on staying up-to-date with the latest fashion trends, there is significant untapped potential for growth in this sector. This presents an invaluable opportunity for global fashion and beauty experts to showcase their skills and cater to a diverse clientele, given the city’s multicultural landscape.
Prospective entrepreneurs seeking to open a beauty salon in Dubai must familiarize themselves with the licensing requirements and associated costs. The option to establish a salon in either the Dubai mainland or any of the city’s free zones is available, but the former is deemed more practical due to the higher potential for profit, particularly in densely populated areas.
Dubai Beauty Salon License Types
If you are thinking about setting up a beauty salon license in Dubai, it is important to remember the following basic factors before making a decision:
To begin, you will need to choose whether you will be providing catering for a salon that only services women or a salon that only services men. Also, you need to select if you want to establish a hair salon simply or whether you also want to provide additional services such as manicures, pedicures, and so on when you open your business. You must obtain prior authorization from the Dubai Health Authority to use any therapeutic or beauty equipment in your salon. It applies to whatever equipment you intend to employ.
Men Haircutting & Hairdressing Salon License
The hair care services offered at men’s salons in Dubai include trimming, cutting, waving, dying, straightening, setting up, and boosting hair strength. These salons have been granted licenses to perform hairdressing and other beauty treatments. The cleansing of the skin, the aesthetic care of the face and feet, and the removal of hair from the skin are all included in cosmetic procedures.
Women Salon License
In Dubai, a beauty salon for women must get a license to provide hair care or cosmetic enhancement services. The services of washing, clipping, setting, colouring, straightening, waving, hair mending, and applying henna can all be included in the category of “hair care.”
Makeup application and facial cleaning are both examples of cosmetic procedures. In addition, it made it possible to do hair removal on the skin, face aesthetic procedures, foot care, nail manicures, and therapy.
How to Get Your Beauty Salon Registered in Dubai
Here are the recommended procedures to follow if you want to establish a successful beauty salon in Dubai:
- Copies of your passport and visa will need to be sent to the relevant UAE authority for setting up a business.
- Submit the name of your salon for approval to the Department of Economic Development.
- Once your business name is approved, sign the MoA (Memorandum of Association).
- Choose a location that is suitable for your salon business.
- Obtain your Ejari number and tenancy agreement.
- Ensure that the Dubai Municipality’s Planning Section certifies you.
- Obtain a certificate from the Dubai Municipality’s Health and Safety Division.
- You must submit all the above documents to the DED and obtain a license to operate a beauty salon.
Dubai Municipality Requirements for Beauty Salons
The salon’s facilities will be inspected by the Dubai Municipality, which will ensure that the salon will adhere to the required guidelines for maintaining hygienic control and protecting the public’s safety. Each Beauty Salon in Dubai must sign a contract with the Dubai Municipality to adhere to all applicable public health regulations.
- The proposed location of the beauty salon must be approved by the Planning Division of Dubai Municipality.
- Outside, there must be a sign indicating that this is a salon.
- The salon premises must be properly ventilated and have adequate lighting.
- The availability of drawers and cabinets to keep cosmetics and towels.
- In the case of facial treatments, the salon must have a wash basin.
- A separate area must be designated for beauty treatments such as pedicures, manicures, hair removal, and henna designs.
- The furniture should be clean and sturdy.
- The height between the floor and ceiling in your beauty salon should be more than 2.30m.
Dubai’s Beauty Salon Registration Process Mainland
When deciding to start a beauty salon business in Dubai, it is vital to consider obtaining a beauty salon license. Therefore, as was previously said, the Department of Economic Development (DED) is the UAE government agency providing licenses. Thus, the following are the required forms and supporting paperwork to apply for a beauty salon license.
- The tenancy agreement.
- A description of your business activities.
- The passport and visa of the business owner.
- A certificate of registration for the business name.
- A copy of the Memorandum of Association (MoA).
- DM Health and Safety Division and Dubai Municipality Planning Section approval.
How ExpressPRO Can Help?
Getting a professional license can be a big hassle if you want to do setup a business in Dubai, especially if you are a foreigner. You can rely on ExpressPRO’s business setup and company formation services to help establish a successful beauty salon business in Dubai, UAE. Furthermore, we will show you the procedures to follow to legally open a beauty salon in the United Arab Emirates and receive a commercial license in Dubai.