Dubai has gained a global reputation for its stunning skyline, abundant way of life, and thriving economy, becoming an attractive destination for entrepreneurs and businesses worldwide.
The city offers immense potential for business opportunities, drawing in individuals from various corners of the globe. The recent introduction of the UAE Golden Visa has further enhanced Dubai’s appeal, attracting foreign talents and investors to explore the possibilities available in the city.
What is a UAE Golden Visa?
The Golden Visa is a special kind of visa that lets people from other countries stay, work, and learn in the UAE for a long time, up to 10 years. You don’t need someone to vouch for you. As long as you qualify, you can keep renewing this visa forever.
Investors must invest a minimum of AED 10 million in the UAE to be eligible for a Golden Visa. Entrepreneurs should have an innovative project and invest at least AED 500,000. Skilled workers need either a university degree from a reputable college or five years of experience in a job that’s in demand in the UAE.
Golden Visa Requirements in Dubai, UAE
- Investment: To be qualified for the Golden Visa, you must make a considerable financial commitment in Dubai, the amount of which varies depending on the type of investment, such as real estate, starting a business, or capital investment.
- Good Behavior: Applicants should have a clean criminal record and not pose any security threats.
- Health Coverage: You must have health insurance for yourself and any family members included in your application.
- Passport Copy and Photos: You’ll need to provide a copy of your passport and recent passport-sized photos.
- Investors: Show that you’ve made a substantial financial investment in a property, business, or other sector according to government guidelines.
- Entrepreneurs: Demonstrate a successful business history and outline a comprehensive plan for your future business ventures in Dubai.
- Skilled Professionals: Exhibit your expertise and experience in a high-demand profession recognized by the UAE government.
- Students: Bright students with strong potential in science (both high school and university students).
Dubai Golden Visa: Eligibility Categories
Dubai’s Golden Visa is available to a diverse range of individuals, including:
A real estate investor can get a UAE golden visa by meeting any of the following criteria:
- Purchasing a property valued at a minimum of AED 2 million.
- Obtaining a loan from designated banks for buying property.
- Investing in off-plan properties valued at least AED 2 million from authorized real estate firms.
To obtain an entrepreneur visa in the UAE, individuals must be the owner or part-owner of a startup company. Applicants must meet one of the following criteria:
- Entrepreneurs who have successfully established a project in the UAE with a minimum capital of AED 500,000. The project should be innovative or technological.
- Owners or partners of small to medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) that generate an annual revenue of at least AED 1 million.
- Founders of pioneering projects that have been sold within or outside the UAE for a minimum of AED 7 million.
- Owners of innovative project ideas that have received approval from an accredited business incubator or relevant authorities in the UAE and intend to establish their project within the country.
- Exceptional Talents:
The exceptional talents category encompasses various fields and professions, such as athletes, artists, engineers, business professionals, doctors, and more. To be eligible, individuals must obtain approval from a recognized authority or organization within the UAE that handles exceptional talent applications.
- Scientists and Professionals:
The category of exceptional talents includes various fields and occupations, such as sports, arts, engineering, business, medicine, and others. To be eligible for this category, individuals need to acquire approval from an authorized body or organization in the UAE that deals with applications related to exceptional talent.
- Outstanding Students:
The UAE also welcomes applications for the Golden Visa from students who are currently enrolled or have recently graduated and have demonstrated exceptional academic performance.
High school students with a 95% academic average in public or private schools can apply for the Golden Visa. They must obtain a letter of recommendation from the Ministry of Education. If they continue their education in the UAE and enroll in a program that exceeds the original 5-year period, they are eligible for visa extensions.
University students can also apply for the Golden Visa if they are currently studying at or have graduated (within two years) from a university graded as either A or B by the UAE Ministry of Education. To be eligible, applicants must provide an academic transcript showing a GPA of 3.5 or 3.8, depending on the university’s grading category (A or B), and a letter of recommendation from their university.
- Humanitarian pioneers:
Individuals contributing significantly to the humanitarian sector are eligible for a 10-year Golden Visa in the UAE.
To qualify, applicants can demonstrate their eligibility through work experience, awards or accreditations from humanitarian organizations, or evidence of a substantial financial contribution of at least 2 million AED to the sector.
Applicants must provide proof of having worked in the industry for at least five years, either at an international or regional level.
- Frontline heroes:
The frontline heroes category consists of healthcare professionals and other individuals involved in crisis response who have shown exceptional dedication to serving the public during challenging times, such as the COVID-19 pandemic.
Opportunities for Investors
The Golden Visa program in the UAE provides investors with various opportunities, including:
- Real estate investment: The UAE is a global destination for investment, offering a diverse range of properties such as apartments, villas, and commercial properties.
- Investment in publicly traded companies: The UAE is home to two prominent stock exchanges, the Dubai Financial Market (DFM) and the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange (ADX). Investors can invest in many public companies listed on these exchanges, including banks, telecom companies, and real estate firms.
- Investment in startups and small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs): The UAE has a thriving startup ecosystem and has witnessed the emergence of many successful startups in recent years. Investors can participate in the growth of startups and SMEs through venture capital funds or angel investing.
Opportunities for Entrepreneurs
The UAE Golden Visa program presents several opportunities for entrepreneurs, which include:
- Establishing a new business: Entrepreneurs can create a new business in Dubai with complete foreign ownership. Dubai provides numerous advantages to businesses, such as a favorable tax environment, supportive infrastructure, and convenient access to global markets.
- Expanding an existing business: Entrepreneurs also have the option to expand their current business to Dubai. Dubai serves as a strategic location to cater to the growing markets of the Middle East and Africa.
- Collaborating with UAE businesses: Entrepreneurs can partner to develop innovative products and services or expand into new markets. The UAE has prominent companies across various sectors, including oil and gas, finance, and tourism.
Opportunities for Professionals
The UAE Golden Visa program also provides professionals with various prospects, which include:
- Employment in a UAE company: Professionals can work for a UAE company in high-demand industries such as technology, healthcare, education, or finance. The UAE’s expanding economy offers a range of job openings for skilled professionals.
- Establishing a freelance business: Professionals can also start their own business in Dubai. Dubai offers favorable conditions for freelancers, including a supportive infrastructure and a thriving startup ecosystem.
- Teaching or conducting research at a UAE university: Professionals can contribute to the field of education and research by teaching or conducting research at a UAE university. The UAE invests significantly in education and research, leading to a growing demand for qualified faculty members.
Get UAE Golden Visa for ExpressPRO
The Golden Visa program in the UAE is an extraordinary and groundbreaking initiative that allows foreign nationals to obtain long-term residency in the country.
This program offers many advantages, including the freedom to live, work, and study in the UAE for up to 10 years without a sponsor.
What makes this program even more remarkable is that it can be renewed indefinitely as long as the applicant meets the eligibility criteria.
Dubai, renowned as a prominent business and financial center, is ideal for entrepreneurs and investors looking to establish and expand their businesses.
The city boasts a thriving economy, a favorable business environment, and a strategic geographic location that acts as a gateway to global markets. By taking advantage of the Golden Visa program, entrepreneurs can unlock unparalleled opportunities to establish their companies and tap into the UAE’s lucrative markets.
Navigating the Golden Visa program can be complex, requiring in-depth knowledge of the eligibility criteria and meticulous attention to detail. This is where ExpressPRO, a trusted company formation consultancy, comes into play.
Our extensive experience and expertise enable us to guide you through every step of the Golden Visa application process. To better understand your goals and customize our services to fit them, our committed team of professionals will work closely with you.
Contact ExpressPRO today to learn more about how we can help you obtain a 10-year Golden Visa in the UAE.