The United Arab Emirates has restructured its admission and residence system to become the perfect destination for work, investment, entrepreneurship, education, and living. New entrance visas and residency permits, such as the 5-year Green Residence Visa, were recently announced by authorities in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), which would increase the flexibility of the UAE’s job market and give families living there a greater sense of stability.
A new five-year visa for highly trained professionals in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) is now available thanks to the introduction of the UAE Green Visa or Green Residency. Families of Green Residence visa holders will be eligible for certain advantages, including sponsorship for permanent residency.
All about the UAE Green Visa
This Visa is designed to attract skilled workers worldwide to the United Arab Emirates. The Green Visa program in the UAE is an initiative to aid in the growth and development of the country. Entrepreneurs who have this Visa can reside and work in the country legally. On top of that, it allows you to strike out independently and take charge of your company and employees.
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) is trying to diversify its economy from relying on oil and set long-term plans for its social and economic growth. Investment in technology is increasing, and the tourist and construction industries are being prioritized to foster long-term growth.
Consequently, various Visas are being introduced to encourage this impending expansion and development. Various Visas have been introduced to attract new investors and inhabitants to aid in the country’s development, such as the Golden Visa, Freelancer Visa, Talent Pass, and Green Visa.
Green Visas fall into three categories:
· A green residency visa for skilled workers.
· Green residency visa for freelancers or self-employed individuals
· Green residency visa for an investor or partner in a commercial activity.
UAE Green Visa Eligibility Criteria
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) Green Visa was created to make it easier for investors, business owners, highly qualified professionals, and outstanding students and graduates to gain residency and employment in the UAE.
For skilled professionals, freelancers, investors, and entrepreneurs, the UAE Green Visa now offers a 5-year residence track. Expatriates will benefit from the new Visa, including flexible grace periods (up to six months). A new and improved entry and residence system are designed to attract a talented workforce from around the globe.
Green Visas are available to the following individuals in the UAE:
· Top students and graduates
· Business owners
· Any self-employed individuals
Green Visa eligibility requirements are conditional on meeting certain conditions. Different criteria apply to skilled workers, independent contractors, and investors or partners.
Green Residence Visa for Skilled Workers
This visa category aims to attract talented individuals, including skilled professionals, doctors, researchers, experts, bright students, and freelancers who are in high demand and eligible for the Green Visa Residency Scheme.
Skilled workers who don’t have an employer or sponsor can now apply for a 5-year residency under the new scheme. The applicant’s level of education is a major determinant of whether or not they are granted a visa under this category, which allows for travel to and employment in the United Arab Emirates.
· To qualify, skilled employees must meet the following requirements:
· A valid employment contract.
· The Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation requires applicants to be classified in the first, second and third occupational levels.
· UAE Green Visas for skilled employees require a bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
· Applicants must earn at least AED 15,000 per month.
For specialists and technicians, it is necessary to have a UAE employment certificate.
· Green Visa for Freelancers and Self-Employed Individuals
Individuals who are self-employed or work as freelancers have the potential to obtain a Green Residency Visa. This system also grants freelancing and self-employed individuals five years of residency in the UAE without needing a sponsor or employer.
The Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation will require you to obtain a freelancer visa or self-employment permit before registering as self-employed.
UAE Green Visa for Freelancing and Self-employment eligibility criteria are as follows:
· Obtain a permit from the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation for freelancing or self-employment (MOHRE).
· A bachelor’s degree or specialized diploma is the minimum educational requirement.
· You should have earned at least AED 360,000. In the previous two years from self-employment.
· It is also necessary for an applicant to demonstrate financial solvency during their stay in the country.
· Green Residency Visa for Investors or Partners
The investor Green Visa UAE is, as the name suggests, designed for prospective investors. An investor or partner with the Green residency visa gets five years of residency if they participate in or establish commercial activities. There was previously only a two-year residency, which has been replaced with this visa scheme.
Before investing, an investor must obtain approval from relevant authorities. The next step is for the applicant to show evidence of financial commitment to a UAE business. You will have to show that you’ve put in a million UAED (United Arab Emirates Dirhams) in total investment money. The authorities will determine the overall investment if an investor holds multiple licenses.
To qualify for this Visa, you must meet the following criteria:
· Authorization to invest and evidence of the investment (if the investor holds more than one license).
· A calculation will be made of the total investment capital.
· It is mandatory to obtain approval from local authorities.
How Does the UAE Green Visa Benefit You?
The Green Visa system was introduced as part of the UAE government’s strategy to lure top talent and boost the country’s economy. The Green Visa system was introduced as part of the UAE government’s strategy to lure top talent and boost the country’s economy. The UAE Green Visa has undergone significant improvements to attract talents, skilled professionals, freelancers, investors, and entrepreneurs, including introducing new 5-year residence tracks.
A UAE Green Visa can provide you with several benefits:
· No Sponsor Required
You can apply for a Green Visa in the United Arab Emirates without an employer’s sponsorship. It also means your Visa is significantly more secure because your employer does not have the authority to cancel it.
· Sponsor Your Family Members
Family members in the first degree, such as a spouse or children, are eligible to receive a visa valid for the same length of time as the visa holder. Sponsorship is available for male youngsters up to the age of 25. Unmarried daughters have no upper age limit, and widows are welcome to apply for sponsorship.
Children with exceptional health care needs or other unusual conditions are also eligible. Similarly, no age restrictions are placed on the residency permits issued to these minors. If your parents have unique medical conditions, you can also fund them.
· Travel convenience
The Green Visa streamlines the process of entering and leaving the country. Leaving the UAE and returning quickly and easily is possible if you have business or personal obligations. As a skilled worker, you’ll have the opportunity to live in the United Arab Emirates. The Green Visa can be used in the UAE for work and study.
· Setting up a Business in the UAE is Possible
There are many advantages to doing business in the United Arab Emirates. It offers a tax-free environment for its residents, as well as for foreign investors. Due to this, many global investors choose Dubai or Abu Dhabi as a location for their business operations.
The UAE offers many opportunities for starting a business or investing. Upon obtaining this Visa, you will be allowed to manage your company or employees. Therefore, you can establish companies, hire employees, and manage them.
Green Visas Will Strengthen the UAE Economy
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has established an economic growth target to increase revenue from non-oil sources, fostering economic diversification. This new Visa process will also assist boost tourism, which is predicted to increase. The Green Visa scheme will strengthen the UAE economy and the construction sector. Additionally, this residency program will increase overall business potential.
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has also begun to search for highly trained individuals outside of the country in the hopes that these workers will be able to assist in the development of an economy that is both dynamic and rapidly expanding. This new Visa aims to bring in the most successful and innovative self-employed people and entrepreneurs. Recent Bachelor’s degree recipients from diverse fields are among the most sought-after professionals.
The long-term goal of Emirates is to grow the private sector job market and provide more employment opportunities for UAE citizens. They hope the Green Visa will facilitate an expansion of the job market.
The professional and cultural principles of the UAE place emphasis on cultivating a happy and fulfilling way of life. Creating an atmosphere where more positive energy may flourish requires loving what you do, where you live, and being extremely satisfied with your employment.
UAE Green Visa Application Process
In the Emirate of Dubai, the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) issued visas. The following steps should be followed if you wish to apply for a Green Visa in Dubai:
1. Upon visiting the GDRFA website, www.gdrfad.gov.ae, you will find a button for ‘Entry permits’ under the ‘Services’ section.
2. To access the ‘New Entry Permit for Green Residence,’ click on ‘Entry permits’ and then ‘Entry permit services.’
3. In the Green Visa system, you’ll see all the categories, and you should choose ‘Issuing Entry Permit for Green Residence (High Skilled Worker).’
4. After clicking ‘Start service,’ you will be directed to the login page. If you already have an account, tap on ‘Log in’ at the top of the screen; otherwise, tap on ‘Register now to create a new account. If you already have a UAE Pass account, you can use it to log in.
5. GDRFA will redirect you to your dashboard as soon as you log in. Once again, select the ‘Green residence for high-skilled workers’ after clicking on the green ‘New application’ button.
6. The next step is to fill out an application form with the following information:
· The applicant information section requires the applicant to enter details such as name, mobile number, and email address. When you see a section to enter your name in Arabic, type your name in English, and the system will automatically fill in your name.
· The personal information section asks for passport information, educational qualifications, and family information.
· The address inside and outside the United Arab Emirates will need to be provided.
7. Then click ‘Next.’ The following documents will then be required to be uploaded:
· Passport copy
· Colored photograph
· Supporting documents
· Work permits are required for employees of companies regulated by the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratization (MOHRE).
· If you work for an establishment affiliated with GDRFA, you must have a work contract and a graduation certificate.
8. After you make the payment, your application will be completed and sent to GDRFA. Your application status will be sent to you via text message and email, according to the GDRFA website. If any documents are missing, you will be notified and asked to attach them within 30 days. The request will automatically be canceled if they are not attached.
You will receive the Visa via email if your application is approved.
Get Your UAE Green Visa with ExpressPRO
In light of the rapid economic growth of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), this region is an excellent choice for foreign entrepreneurs. The country is making strides to improve its appeal as a place to live, visit, and do business. Freelancers, business owners, highly skilled professionals, and investors can benefit from the UAE’s Green Visa program. Don’t let the process of applying for your Green Visa overwhelm you.
ExpressPRO is your go-to resource for establishing a company in Dubai and the United Arab Emirates. Our expert team is always available to assist with business license applications, visa sponsorship, office solutions, opening bank accounts, and other concerns. Get in touch with us immediately and allow us to assist you in making the process easy and stress-free.